Report A Concern
If you wish to submit a complaint against an Accredited or Approved Adoption Service Provider, please complete the Complaint Form on this website, or you may file a complaint directly with the U.S. Department of State by visiting the Intercountry Adoption Complaint Registry, which may be found at adoptionusca.gov/HCRWeb/Welcome.
- Within ten (10) business days of receipt of a complaint, the Executive Director, or designee, will contact the complainant to acknowledge the complaint, and to collect any additional information or documentation needed.
- The Executive Director will review and investigate the complaint, and provide the complainant with a formal response in writing within 30 to 90 days of receipt of the complaint. This response will include any action taken by IAAME to address the complaint. If the Executive Director requests additional information from the complainant, and it is not provided within the specified period of time, the Executive Director will render a formal response based on the information available.
- If the complainant is not satisfied with the resolution, the complainant may file an appeal of the decision to the CEO of IAAME. The appeal must be filed within (10) business days of the dated formal resolution letter from the Executive Director.
- The CEO will review the original complaint information, the formal response by the Executive Director, and the appeal request, and provide a final decision to the complainant in writing within (30) business days of receipt of the appeal request.
- If complainant is not satisfied with the final resolution, they will be directed to contact the State Department Accrediting Entity Liaison via: Adoption@state.gov